Experienced Senior Executive and Entrepreneur with globally recognised achievements, expert at enhancing decision making, supporting management in vision, strategy and systems transformation that deliver sustainable results. Key strengths: animating teams to prioritise and present complex actions tangibly and aligned to business needs; developing and implementing processes, frameworks and reports that deliver insight and lead to bottom line stability, top line growth and true sustainable stakeholder value; Assists boards to embrace true company purpose and support c-suit in strategy implementation through transparent risk and opportunity identification; Provide macro global insight with micro, local effectiveness delivering results sustainably; Deliver coaching and mentoring that promotes decision making, enhances resilience, changes behaviour and encourages boldness.
Award winning international risk manager.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
BSc (Hons) in Chemical Engineering | SouthBank University, London, United Kingdom. 1986
Strategic Thinking | IMD, Lausanne, Switzerland. 2017
Finance for Executives | INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France. 2013
Capital Improvement Projects | University of Texas, Luxembourg. 2013
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- “Global Risk Management Professional 2013”, The Institute of Risk Management
- ”European Risk Manager of the year 2009”, StrategicRisk.
- Board member of ERMINe – Enterprise risk management forum.
PUBLICATIONS & ARTICLES
ARTICLES / INTERNAL PUBLICATIONS
- “Captive Risk Management: can you afford not to?”, Criticaleye, (September/November, 2005)
- “C10 approach to Risk Management.” Captive Insurance Company Review, RIRG, (June, 2002)
- “C10 approach to Risk Management.” Captive Insurance Company Review, RIRG, (July, 2002)
- “Setting-up Captives.” Internal GeneralCologne Re Document, (April, 2002).
- “Managing Risk.” Internal GeneralCologne Re Document, (September, 2002).
- “Valuating Petrochemical facilities.” Internal GeneralCologne Re Document, (2000).
- Multiple articles and interviews made for international magazines
- “Project Management Black Swans“, Powerpoint, Engineering and Construction Risk Institute, Hilton London Kensington Hotel, London, England, 2017
- “Risk ideas – a different view“, Powerpoint, WSP- Parsons Brinckerhoff, London, England, 2017
- “Risk Management – Because change is faster than our understanding of the consequences“, Powerpoint, RiskNet Summit 2016, Schloss Hohenkammer, Germany, 2016
- “Critical Mass of Supply Chain Catalysts”, Powerpoint, Aussenwirtschaftsforum, Switzerland Global Enterprise, Zurich, Switzerland, 2014
- “Risk communication to stakeholders”, Powerpoint, FERMA, Maastricht, Netherlands, 2013
- “Business Continuity Risk ”, Mapfre Global Risk, 22st international seminar, Seville, Spain, 2013
- “Overcoming the Challenges in Project Risk Management.” MarcusEvans, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2012
- “Enterprise Risk Management”, Axiom, Barcelona, Spain, 2011
- “Loss Prevention and Value Creation.” Mapfre Global Risk, 21st international seminar, Barcelona, Spain, 2009
- “Risk Management verses Managing Risk”, Stahl 2008, Düsseldorf, Germany, 2008
- “Asset Risk Management.” Mapfre Global Risk, 20th international seminar, Lisabon, Portugal, 2007.
- “Generation of a Competitive Advantage through Risk Audits.” MarcusEvans, Process Safety management seminar, Geneva, Switzerland, 2006
- Interview for AIG sponsored Manufacturing and Industry 4.0. Luxembourg, Quarter 1, 2017.
- Interview for Strategic Risk Magazine. Supply chain, globalisation, Economic conditions risk. Luxembourg, November 2016.
- Interview for The Economist, View from the top. A board-level perspective of current business risks, Luxembourg, May 2015
- Interview for Global Risk Magazine, Political Risks Insurance, Issue 9, Luxembourg, April 2014
- Interview for Linklaters LLP, Managing risk in Uncertain times, Luxembourg, Autumn, 2009
- Round table discussion for Euroforum, Environmental impact roundtable, Brussels, 2006
- Strategic Risk – various articles